Pupils in year 6 have been working hard. They have studyed the different kind of simple machines and the importance of anergy to make them work. at the end they have built a compound machine.
bellow you've got the programming and the different groups explaning their machines.
1. Identify and define different types of simple and compound machines.
2. Recognize the uses of simple and compound machines in real-world scenarios.
3. Explain how simple and compound machines make our lives easier.
4. Identify and define different types of simple and compound machines.
5. Create their own machine.
· Communicative & audiovisual.
· Social competence.
· Personal autonomy.
· Learning to learn
· Digital competence
16 sessions of 45 minutes
· Moodle course: "Energy and machines”
· Energy and machines dossier.
· The material need to do their machines.
· The agreement and disagreement sheet.
· Peer and self-assessment sheets
Ø 1st and 2nd session
· Read activity one “Energy” on the Moodle course. (whole class)
· Do the activity number 2 of “What is energy?” to revise what energy is. (first part individual work, second part group work. When they have done together, each pupil has to complete on his Moodle)
· Ask the pupils to go into the forum, activity 3 and write a sentence explaining how to save energy. (individual work. homework)
· Watch the video and sing the song. (whole class)
Ø 3rd and 4th sessions
· Go to machines, activity 1. Each group choose a machine. They read the content and write 4 questions. The other group have to look for the answers. The first group in getting the correct answer have a point in the topic “answering the questions” for the final mark. (cooperative work)
Ø 5th and 6th session
· Watch the video, activity 2. Show them the Moodle course where they have the answers to their questions. (whole class)
· Go to activity 3 and read (individual work)
· Speak about the compound machines and clarify doubts (cooperative group)
· Do activity 4, play the game (cooperative work, one find a machine and answer the question and then is the other turn)
Ø 7th and 8th 9th session.
· Do activity 5. They are supposed to talk on how they are going to organize to do the activity collaboratively. They can use two computers. (collaborative work)
· When they finish, each pupils have to do it on his Moodle, in order to have it for the final mark.
· Activities 6 and 7. Watch all the videos on how to do a machine (Whole class)
· Design and describe the machine the will build in the machine sheet (cooperative work)
· When the teacher corrects sheet they pass it to their individual machine sheet (individual work)
Ø 10th, 11th , and 12th sessions
· Give the pupils the contents and activities booklet. Ask them to read it
(individual and cooperative work).
The process is the following:
a) They read individually the first point.
b) One in the group explains it for the others. The others comment, agree or disagree (look at the agreement and disagreement sheet)
c) Do the same with all the topics. They are supposed to change the roll.
· Do the activities (cooperative work)
Ø 13th session
Ø 14th session
· Self and peer evaluation (cooperative work)
Ø 15th and 16th sessions
· The groups present the machines (cooperative work)
Ø Observe the pupils when they are working in group and assess their participation.
Ø Assess the poster, PowerPoint...
Ø Assess the presentation of the machine.... (speaking rubric).
Ø Objective test.